Once again seasonal changes are here!
Time to perform a few winterizing maintenance items in your home!
- Wrap or cover your exterior pipes to protect them from freezing, don’t forget above ground irrigation valves!
- Flush your water heater to keep sediment from collecting on the bottom reducing efficiency
- Reverse the ceiling fans to a clockwise direction so they push hot air along the ceiling to the floor
- Replace air filters
- Have your heater or furnace checked by a professional prior to winter use
- Clean your gutters to remove fall leaves and prevent possible damage
- Clean your fireplace and have your flue checked by a professional if you have used your fireplace extensively
- Check your door weather stripping and door sweeps to make sure you are getting a good seal
Written By: Jeff Schneider, Customer Service Manager
San Antonio Division